Data Science Manager - Analytics, Marketplace
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. Our mission is to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere, and providing a world class experience to our users is critical to our mission.
Airbnb’s Marketplace Team is responsible for some of the most sophisticated and critical products at Airbnb, covering the entire guest conversion funnel, including search, booking and pricing. Airbnb’s recent expansion to new trip verticals -- experiences, places and others to come -- presents the Marketplace Team with a new set of challenges of connecting guests to amazing experiences.
As a Data Analytics Manager on Marketplace, you’ll act as a thought partner to empower the marketplace team to drive impact through proactive, holistic and data informed decision making. Some areas of responsibility include:
- Deep dive analysis into Airbnb’s vast data to uncover opportunities.
- Partner with data scientists and analysts to help “tell the story” behind the data.
- Product Strategy:
- Partnering with leadership to prioritize areas of opportunity to drive growth/quality.
- Evaluate and define product and business metrics.
- Product Execution:
- Communicate state of the business to stakeholders.
- Digest and interpret experiments.
- Decision Tools:
- Democratize data by building and socializing decision tools (dashboards, reports).
- Build key data sets/pipelines to empower operational and exploratory analysis.
- 4+ years of industry analytics experience with proven business impact; 1+ years in management
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution.
- Interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences, including ability to “story tell” with data.
- Ability to write and mentor code development in SQL and Python (or R).
- Experience with dashboard design and data viz tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top