Data Science Manager - Analytics, Experiences
Airbnb Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local experts. If you’ve travelled recently, you may know that travel can be cold, impersonal, and difficult to plan -- Experiences will make travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and creating opportunities to travel authentically. Experience hosts give travelers unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city.
We launched Experiences in November 2016 with the ambitious goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. Since then, the Experiences team has been growing the new product exponentially, helping our hosts build new businesses and our guests experience travel in completely new ways. In the past year, we’ve seen a wide variety of Experiences succeed, everything from cooking in the Tuscany Countryside to flying a plane over Los Angeles to a Wolf Encounter.
The Data Science team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission by fueling actionable data insights to drive huge impacts in a wide range of areas from influencing business strategies, product direction to operational excellence. As the Data Science Manager - Analytics, you’ll have the potential for massive impact, influencing key strategic decisions by bringing data to the table when it matters most.
- Lead a team of elite Data Scientists and collaborate with a strong team of Engineers and Product Managers
- Inspire new changes to the product through proactive exploration of the data
- Frame your recommendations with a clear view into the assumptions you have made and the rigor employed in the analysis
- Communicate analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Investigate questions around user experience to understand the voice of our users
- Leverage Airbnb’s rich data and state-of-art data science infrastructure.
- Strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and accessible
Qualities we value:
- 2+ years of management experience required
- Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role (4+ years preferred
- Comfortable in SQL and experience with a programming language; Python or R is a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Executive communication skills
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Build clear and easy to understand dashboards (Tableau) and presentations
- Ability to model and run experiments is a plus
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. If you have a proven background in the field of product analytics, are interested in making significant impact and passionate about redefining the future of travel, we're excited to hear from you.
Back to top