Data Science Manager, Algorithms
Airbnb has become a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. At the backbone of this is a world class customer support team and the innovative technology that enables them. We believe that our service will be a major differentiator and drive Airbnb’s global success and growth.
The Support Products team is building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service agent experience. Machine learning is key to this vision.
We are seeking a Data Science Manager to work out of our growing Seattle office to lead a strong team of data scientists to drive strategy for using machine learning to transform Airbnb support. In addition to collaborating with engineers, designers and product managers, you will leverage Airbnb’s rich and unique data and state-of-art machine learning infrastructure.
We have an incredible team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
Some projects that you would lead:
- Predicting when a customer might have an issue and proactively providing self-solve options.
- Conversational assistant (Chatbot) to solve simple cases with minimal human intervention, gather relevant information, and escalate to human agents when necessary.
- Smart Customer Support Agent Tools or automated resolution tools to enable efficient and consistent resolution of users’ help requests
- Route customer issues to the right customer service agent, matching supply and demand to minimize customer wait times.
- Capacity planning models to staff agents with time varying demand and variable service time to achieve near zero wait time
Some examples of traits that we value:
- PhD or equivalent work experience in a quantitative field preferred
- 5+ years in industry, customer service experience preferred
- 3+ years of mentorship and management experience
- Ability to write and mentor code development in SQL and Python
- Ability to partner with a diverse set of stakeholders globally
- Strong understanding of statistics and machine learning, natural language processing experience preferred
- Intuition for data science best practices, stemming from proven experience
- Steadfast focus on creating impactful change
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Back to top