Airbnb is seeking an experienced Data Engineer/ETL specialist to join the data science team. This person would contribute to the vision for data infrastructure and business intelligence tools, work with engineers and data scientists to optimize logging, and establish best practices for table schemas and data storage.
Why is this important to Airbnb?
The pace and quality of our decision-making is dependent upon data availability and reliability. We have a data infrastructure team building cutting-edge tools and a data science team digging deep into insights that can drive decisions; Data Engineers are the glue between these two teams.
- Expertise in building and maintaining reliable ETL jobs
- Proven ability to work with varied forms of data infrastructure, including relational databases (e.g. SQL), Mapreduce/hadoop, and column store (e.g. Vertica/Redshift)
- Expert knowledge of SQL/Hive, Pig/Cascading a plus
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Develop and maintain cross-platform ETL processes
- Optimize table schemata based on usage patterns
- Lead development of architecture and standards for a business metric warehouse
- Work with data scientists to develop a scalable data visualization platform
- Help data scientists optimize productionized Pig and Hive queries
- Implement systems for tracking data quality and consistency
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top