Data Analytics Specialist - Economic Policy
We're accepting applications for a position as a Data Analytics Specialist in the Economics and Policy Data Science group at our San Francisco headquarters. Candidates should have a sound background in data analytics and demonstrated skill in scaling, organizing and presenting analysis visually via data pipelines, dashboards, maps, and other reporting tools.
The position offers an opportunity to provide meaningful policy insights both within Airbnb and in communities across the world. As a result, the role requires working closely with our public policy, communications and legal teams as well as with other cross-functional partners throughout the organization. Candidate will also work with with the many data scientists and economists in the same parent data science group as well as external partners outside of Airbnb.
The scope of work includes quantitative analysis of high-impact topics including housing, tourism, economic development, taxes and regulation. The position will be especially focused on translation of analysis into accessible and scalable resources to support our Public Policy and Communications partners. This includes offering robust, digestible data to inform on-the-ground work. Proficiency with spatial and graphic analysis tools is critical for this role. Candidates should be able to operate independently and drive their own agenda, but also work well with the team and partners throughout the organization.
Qualifications and expectations of this role include:
- At least 4 years experience in data analysis
- Proven experience in creating clear, useful data dashboards
- Ability to perform complex strategic analysis.
- Knowledge of tools including: R /Python, SQL, Data Visualization, GIS, Excel
- Interest in topics that are at the cutting edge of policy, economics, and planning
- Strong data communication, teamwork, and project management.
An ideal outcome for a research project or data presentation project would include action taken as a result of the research, internal learning codified via a white-paper or post in Airbnb’s “knowledge repository.”
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexbile Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Back to top