Data Analytics Specialist - China Growth
We are looking for talented Data Analytics Specialists to join our China Growth team. Working alongside Data Scientists to dig deep into Airbnb's marketplace data, you will help translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative about this highly strategic, fast-growing market. In this role, you will have tremendous upwards exposure as the Data Science team’s mouthpiece to senior business partners. If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you.
In China, international travel spend is already greater than the US and growing much more quickly. Airbnb views China as a highly strategic market, and believes that the travel network we have built globally in years has best positioned us to provide Chinese guests with unique travel experiences and help them belong anywhere. The hugely different cultural expectations and internet environment (e.g., no facebook/google sign up), combined with the strategic importance, have led to the investment of a dedicated China team.
The team builds products that deeply integrate with local norms (e.g., allow WeChat sign in / sharing, payment with Alipay, etc.) and culturally make sense to Chinese users (e.g., redesign China specific product flows to better serve Chinese users) in order to accelerate our growth rate in China and get the compounding growth effect as large as possible, as soon as possible. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail, great communication, a keenness for problem solving, and a passion for China markets.
Some examples of traits we value:
- Excitement about working on China growth & willingness to travel to Beijing occasionally
- Strong analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience guiding product decisions based on data and A/B testing.
- Proactiveness and ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with SQL or other querying language.
- Familiarity with Tableau or dashboarding software
- Passion for creating highly usable and thorough dashboards/visualizations to be consumed by executives and engineers.
- Confidence with a statistical programming language (e.g. R, Python, Stata,or Matlab).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
Back to top