CX Tax & Legal Associate, EMEA (Portuguese or French)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We're looking for sharp, policy-minded operations professionals to join Airbnb's Tax/Legal team. The team works directly with hosts, guests and third parties on sensitive issues such as our Non-discrimination policy or small claims. The resource will provide support to the global Customer Experience (CX) team on tax/legal topics, and collaborates with the Legal, Tax and Community Policy on various projects and initiatives. If you are an excellent communicator, have an interest in either tax or law, and can remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, customer-facing role, we want to hear from you today.
- Help Airbnb hosts and guests in accordance with internal workflows
- Meet weekly performance targets
- Prepare escalations to senior team members and, on occasion, internal stakeholders
- Monitor team email alias and respond to/triage inbound issues from colleagues
- Respond to questions from CX specialists via internal chat channels
- Respond promptly and professionally to consumer protection agency representatives
- Enforce Airbnb Nondiscrimination Policy reviewing enqueued content items and handling elicitation phone calls.
- Bachelor's degree (law or political sciences preferred)
- 2+ years of previous experience in legal is a plus
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese or French is mandatory
- Computer literacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in client-facing roles; comfortable making/taking customer calls
- Interest in tax/legal/policy issues and how they apply to Airbnb
- Personable, empathetic, customer-focused
- Resourceful, natural problem-solver
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Availability to work 40 hours a week (schedule may include one weekend day).
*** Please send your CV in English***
"Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply."
Back to top