CX Global Service Manager, Homes
We are looking for cereal entrepreneurs to drive our internal service innovation and take our service model to the next level. As Global Service Manager (GSM), you will engage with our heads of the region, shared services, and cross-functional teams to understand our emerging service needs and how best to address them. You will own the success of your service and constantly be looking for ways to improve and develop that service to better satisfy customers. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who can put ideas into practice. The role will own the global strategy but will report to the Director of Service Evolution. It will be required to work very closely with the regional Operations Managers (OMs), Program Managers, and CX Shared Services to ensure that all the operational aspects of our service design are considered and implemented successfully. The successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for Airbnb and our community.
- Translate company goals and customer segments into clear and comprehensive service needs
- Champion the service and ensure it continues to keep pace with user needs.
- Ensure that the service is functioning well in all regions.
- Work with our workforce management team to determine resource modeling, potentially both at outsourcing partners and internal.
- Engaging with Shared Services teams to develop operational plans including Systems, Training, Workflow, and Knowledge requirements.
- Build an ROI model for the service, in partnership with our finance division.
- Together with Operations, set service metrics and targets.
- Develop pilots to test the viability of business opportunities and decisions.
- Partner with Support Products to improve and build new system and tool capabilities that enhance CX agent productivity and customer satisfaction.
- This role will not manage operations directly but will work with regional Operations Managers (OMs) to drive delivery.
- Engage with Program Management Office to bring CX strategy to life via roadmaps, project plans, and stakeholder management.
- Inform CX leadership on status of the service, results, and roadmaps regularly with additional emphasis for noteworthy projects.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve the service and mitigate risks and issues.
Skills, Competencies, and Must-Haves
- Develop Clear Vision and Purpose for Change: Create a compelling and inspiring vision of the future, with sustainable, measurable milestone goals to achieve that vision.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills: This role needs to be a communications expert with the ability to frame a point and discuss at all levels within Airbnb. Builds credibility across the organization by fostering collaborative and positive relationships, being approachable, and following through on commitments.
- Results focus: Very numerical; drives decisions with data. Is able to dig into the details of the data, but also zoom out and see the bigger impact. Considers all stages of the customer journey and drives for results but is also willing to experiment and take risks.
- Community Focus: Seeks to understand stakeholders’ needs through feedback, balancing the needs of customers, employees, and Airbnb in business decision-making.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Accepts challenges with imperfect information. Works to always get more clarity and is an open and transparent communicator about what is known and not known.
Education, Experience, & Requirements
- Min 10+ years of related management experience in strategic consulting or finance, operations, or program management
- A positive motivator with excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Deep understanding of our service model approach and underlying operations
- Understands how to develop, and manage to, key business drivers
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a hyper-growth environment
- Passion for exceptional customer service
- BA/BS degree. MBA or graduate degree in business or technical field preferred.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top