Customer Experience Specialist, Mandarin Speaking
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We're looking for brilliant, full time Mandarin and English speaking/reading/writing customer service professionals to join our Singapore Team. If you're quick on your feet, are already an expert in the ins-and-outs of the site, and have exceptional people skills, then we want you on the team. This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve user experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
* Please note, we can only consider candidates who speak and write English fluently in addition to Mandarin.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to the worldwide Airbnb community.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Respond professionally to inbound phone calls, including urgent situations.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails.
- Research information and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Arbitrate in situations between users.
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem.
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Fluent in Mandarin (written and spoken).
- Skilled and eloquent in writing.
- Currently based in Singapore.
- 2 to 5 years of customer servicing experience in hospitality, call centre/contact centre, IT Support, etc.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
- Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Active, passionate Airbnb user.
- Customer service experience with China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty across broad functional areas and diverse geographies.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, prior knowledge of Lantern a bonus.
- Experience with policy work, or help resource project management.
- Previous, demonstrable experience with creation of online help resources.
- Early adopter of technology.
Back to top