Customer Experience Specialist, Korean Speaking
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We're looking for brilliant, full time Korean and English speaking/reading/writing customer service professionals to join our Aircorps in Seoul. Specifically we are looking for native/fluent speakers of Korean. If you're quick on your feet, are already an expert in the ins-and-outs of the site, and have exceptional people skills, then we want you on the team. This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve user experience.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to the worldwide Airbnb community.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Respond professionally to inbound phone calls, including urgent situations.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails.
- Research information and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Arbitrate in situations between users.
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem.
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Fluent in Korean (written and spoken).
- Skilled and eloquent in writing.
- Currently based in Korea.
- 2 to 5 years of customer servicing experience in hospitality, call centre/contact centre, IT Support, etc.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days a week, mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress.
- Investigative skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Active, passionate Airbnb user.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty across broad functional areas and diverse geographies.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, prior experience with Lantern a bonus.
- Mediation skills; Actively work with uses to identify best solution.
- Experience with policy work, or help resource project management.
- Previous, demonstrable experience with creation of online help resources.
- Early adopter of technology.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top