Customer Experience Specialist, Japan
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are seeking customer service professionals to join our Customer Experience Team in Tokyo, Japan. Specifically, we are looking for native Japanese speakers who have a deep understanding of the intricacies of Japanese culture and can speak English.
You will be joining a small team based in Tokyo and be reporting to the Customer Experience Lead in Japan. If you have excellent customer service skills and know how to make even the angriest of people happy, then this is the perfect role for you. We want our Guests and Hosts to feel respected and cared about. This team will be on the front lines working with our users every day and will partner with our Product team to improve user experience.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to the worldwide Airbnb community.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Respond professionally to inbound phone calls, including urgent situations.
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails.
- Research information and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Arbitrate in situations between users.
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem.
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals.
- Fluent in Japanese
- Fluent in English
- Candidates who have experience in customer service or hospitality industry will be an added advantage.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
- Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress.
- Skilled and eloquent in writing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Active, passionate Airbnb user.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty across broad functional areas and diverse geographies.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems.
- Experience with policy work, or help resource project management
- Previous, demonstrable experience with creation of online help resources
- Early adopter of technology.
Back to top