Customer Experience Specialist - (English and Mandarin)
We’re looking for brilliant, full time Mandarin and English speaking/reading/writing customer service professionals to join our Premium Support team, based in Singapore.
You will be joining our exciting Premium Support Team. The primary focus of this team is to handle the escalated and urgent cases coming from our Community of Hosts and Guests.
The Premium Support Team is part of our Customer Experience department and works closely with other specialized teams.
If you're quick on your feet, and have exceptional people skills, then we want you on the team!
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and eloquent assistance to hosts and guests to solve customer service issues via phone, messaging, and email.
- Resolve customer challenges by identifying and escalating issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer email
- Research and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Mediate situations between guests and hosts.
- Own special escalation cases from beginning to end
- Gather and share feedback from our community of hosts and guests
- Identify tool and product changes in collaboration with the specific teams
- Optimization of workflows in a changing environment according to business needs
- May support launch and implementation of new Airbnb products and services
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism. Speak passionately and authentically about Airbnb and our mission.
- Deliver on all deadlines and flawlessly execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Solving Problems - From mediating escalated cases, to detangling complicated situations, or driving better customer experiences through process improvements you will be the Premium Support Subject Matter Experts in the most needed situations.
- Displaying Approachability - As the most competent Specialists in Premium Support your expertise will be needed by team members, leadership and our support teams. Your professional demeanor must facilitate strong partnerships on all levels.
- Maintaining Composure - In the most escalated and emotionally charged situations you must maintain an objective and empathetic approach to supporting our internal and external communities.
- Learning Continuously - You have a strong desire to know and learn. You're not satisfied just knowing what to do; you persist until you understand the deeper Why behind policies and processes. You don't shy away from challenges that will require new skills or knowledge. You actively identify new areas for learning and development, and regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities.
- Employing Creativity -You regularly propose new, unique ways to approach challenges at work. You identify opportunities to efficiently repurpose existing ideas in new ways. You can critically think beyond the status-quo. You're sought out for your contributions in brainstorming sessions. You can tap into and leverage the creativity of others, and you foster an environment that is open to radical thoughts and ideas.
- Making Decisions - An analytical approach to decision making is a must, balanced with the ability to confidently identify a smart solution in the absence of clear data. You understand and account for the implications to the business, consumer and affected stakeholders.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Fluent in Mandarin (written and spoken).
- From 2-4 years professional customer facing experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize customer requests in an organized and actionable manner
- Pays attention to both details and macro-level outcomes
- Strong internal and external communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements (startup experience a plus)
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can do attitude, strategic thinker and passion for new products and solutions
- Be expected to be readily available to work as required (i.e. weekends, etc.) to ensure escalation coverage.
- Knowledge of and experience with measuring and improving customer satisfaction and loyalty across broad functional areas and diverse geographies.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, prior experience with Customer Relationship Management tool is a bonus.
- Mediation skills; Actively work with users to identify best solution.
- Previous, demonstrable experience with creation of online help resources.
- Early adopter of technology.
Back to top