Customer Experience Premium Support Specialist (English with Mandarin)
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals.All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
We're looking for enthusiastic, passionate and driven Customer Experience specialists to join our Premium Support team! Our ambition is to provide a differentiated service to select segments of our business. As a Premium Support Specialist, you will pioneer new customer service solutions for selected segments of users together with Trip and Non Trip support.
To be successful, you must think creatively and collaboratively. You’re willing to do what it takes to get the job done in order to meet the expectations of our community, which may mean stepping out of your comfort zone, learning on the fly, and making decisions with little or no direction. You won’t just embrace the adventure and deal with ambiguity, you’ll seek them out.
- Community Focus: You are dedicated to meeting the high expectations of our community and will go above and beyond to do what’s right for our premium users, sometimes superseding workflows.
- Composure and Courage: You don’t become flustered in stressful situations and can confidently navigate challenging customer experience issues.
- Problem Solving: You have ability to look into the broadest view of issue or situation, connecting workflows, policies, and customer needs to forge solid decisions.
- Solve customer issues via phone and email and, possibly, chat.
- Keep updated on workflows, policies, user issues, and product updates.
- Collect market and user trends and identify needed changes to product, workflows to drive positive change.
- Provide friendly and efficient service to the worldwide Airbnb community.
- Be a first point of contact to handle and resolve customer complaints..
- Identify and escalate issues appropriately.
- Compose thoughtful and accurate messages or customize prepared responses to customer emails.
- Research information and troubleshoot problems using available resources.
- Arbitrate in situations between users.
- Monitor and control numerous concurrent tasks in tandem.
- Proactively and independently work to meet targets and goals.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (written and spoken).
- Skilled and eloquent in writing.
- Capable and willing to change teams and responsibilities with the needs of the business.
- Confident and comfortable with ambiguity that stems from a hyper-growth environment.
- 2 to 5 years of customer service experience preferred
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days a week, mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays.
- Patience, empathy, and a unique ability to manage stress.
- Investigative skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Active, passionate Airbnb user.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top