Customer Experience Payments Specialist - Japan
The Payments team works closely with our third party processors to track guest payments and locate missing payouts. The team also assists with foreign exchange rate issues, complicated refunds and adjustment situations. All members of the Payments Team must be good investigators and pay attention to detail.
- Process/manage payments and line items including charges, refunds, adjustments, misc credits and payouts
- Communicate with third party processors and track payments/payouts with our third party processors, WorldPay, Paypal and Braintree
- Understand how foreign exchange rates work, and assist customers with related inquiries and troubleshooting
- Execute currency settlements
- Perform Payments related tasks including fixing reservations retroactively and triaging the inboxes
Qualifications - Applicants to Demonstrate the Below Skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to recognize patterns
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to diffuse stressful situations/upset users
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to do arithmetic and simple math
- Fluency in English and Japanese. Diplomas on JLPT and TOPIK/KLPT tests will also be accepted.
- MySQL is a plus!
- This position is available in Tokyo
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top