Customer Experience Payments Associate (English & Mandarin) - Singapore
The CX Payments team is at the heart of a business that moves over $40 billion per year in order to enable a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
This team provides world class service to community members by working closely with third-party processors to monitor and research transactions across all Airbnb services. We ensure that money movement is global, accurate, and timely -- and thoroughly investigate when it’s not to do right by our Hosts and Guests. Successful team members are curious, detail oriented and community driven.
- Provide world class service to members of the Airbnb community via all available contact channels.
- Carefully handle escalated or sensitive issues as assigned to you.
- Identify and escalate concerns to the correct party as appropriate.
- Be familiar with and comply to industry standards and regulations regarding sensitive user information.Communicate with third party processors and track payments/payouts with our third party processors, WorldPay, Paypal and Braintree.
- Manage time carefully to achieve performance targets
- Practice the core values in your daily work to enhance team culture and represent CX Payments to the broader organization
Writing: Your written communication is both clear and efficient. You tailor your style and tone to your audience and setting to ensure that your messages will be heard and understood. You know when written messages are appropriate and when to choose other forms of communication.
Making Decisions: You consistently make good decisions that are aligned with our core values, and backed up by our processes and policies. You challenge your assumptions to ensure quality, unbiased decisions based on facts and outcomes. You're comfortable making judgment calls, and you use observation, reflection, experience, and reasoning to reach informed conclusions. People seek you out for advice and solutions. You let your resources guide your thought process, and know when to ask others for input.
Negotiating: You skillfully guide conversations toward outcomes that are acceptable to everyone involved. You help both internal and external groups find solutions to difficult problems. You remain focused on resolutions, and settle differences without hurting people's feelings. You can be direct and assertive while remaining diplomatic, and you know when to adjust your approach. You're respectful, and quickly gain the trust of all parties.
Taking Initiative: You set the highest standards of quality for your work, and hold yourself and others accountable. You understand the importance of delivering excellent products and services to our community, and you're rigorous about examining and improving your own work to ensure it's always as good as it can be. Even when you're successful, you never stop looking for ways to improve. You pay close attention to details, no matter how small.
Managing Time Efficiently: You value time, and use it effectively and efficiently. You prioritize correctly, focusing your efforts on the things that are most important. You plan ahead, structure your day, and adapt your environment to make the best use of your time. You stay organized to ensure successful multitasking.
Learning with Agility: You efficiently analyze new challenges, and quickly learn the additional skills and techniques needed to succeed. You proactively seek out opportunities to improve. You're versatile, and open to change when there's a better way. You learn from past mistakes and accomplishments. You're a cereal entrepreneur who is comfortable experimenting or reversing course.
- Candidate must be located in Singapore
- Fluent in English, and native level of Mandarin
- Availability to work 5 days a week (schedule include one weekend day)
- Experience in client-facing roles; comfortable making/taking customer calls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of or experience in the processing of international payments is a plus.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top