Customer Experience Partner Manager - Beijing
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and smart leader who knows how to develop, scale and manage outsourced partner relationships in China. The Partner Manager is responsible for managing the call-center partner relationship including, but not limited to, day-to-day performance management, business reviews, workforce planning, space planning, systems support, training, and resolving critical issues. This role is the primary point of contact between Airbnb and our call center outsourced partners in China. This position is based in Beijing.
Some of the key responsibilities would be:
- Be part of the Landing Team and kickstart the local Airbnb China CX Operations. This includes but is not limited to identifying CX partners and leading RFP processes to grow the network.
- Drive the performance outcomes of Airbnb’s partner contact centers through daily, weekly, and monthly performance management with the partners’ leaders and cross-functional teams. Solid understanding of data and KPIs required.
- Act as a point of escalation for any government related customer experience complaint or investigation. Partner with Legal on investigations and recommendations for escalated complaints
- Facilitate day-to-day contact center support by collaborating with internal and external leaders in QA, Training, IT / Systems support, Workforce Planning, and other groups to ensure the holistic delivery of customer support from the partner to Airbnb’s customers.
- Leverage partner feedback for top user issues and make recommendations to improve Airbnb products and policies; support the partner team in being the voice of the customer to the rest of the company.
- Innovate and implement ideas to ensure better customer satisfaction, more efficient workflows, and measurable business benefits.
- Drive the partner to utilize their strengths and unique value additions to exceed metric expectations and drive down the cost of service delivery.
- Evaluate new Airbnb processes or program changes for their potential impact to partner performance, and assist in mitigating those risks.
- Deliver performance trends, insights, and key learnings to Airbnb Partner Management, CX Leadership and local China team.
- Actively engage with the partner in the planning and support of new initiatives; act as Airbnb’s brand ambassador to partner staff.
- Able to balance and prioritize the above based on seasonality, customer needs, and the needs of Airbnb and the Partner Management Team.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- Understand strategic and budget planning related to Partner Management
Skills & Competencies
Be a Host
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and become a Partner advocate within the business
- Listen to the needs of our partners and Airbnb and share best practices
- Have exceptional people skills
- Lead by example and embody our company’s core values
Champion the Mission
- Motivate Partner teams to perform & deliver results on their KPIs
- Have a desire to learn and grow as the Partner network evolves
- Manage and develop Partner Coordinators, use your knowledge to coach & inspire them to grow in their role
Be a “Cereal” Entrepreneur
- Be able to get scrappy with ideas, processes and limited resources
- Be dependable and take personal responsibility
- Be a life long learner. Continuously seeks and acts on feedback as well as keeping oneself up to date on product and process enhancements.
Embrace the Adventure
- Develop a culture engagement within our Partners. Rigorous, manage your own time and resources
- Enjoy travel time; approximately 30 - 50% of the month
- You ‘embrace the adventure’ by adjusting your priorities based on the team’s and business’ needs and can easily move from one task to the next and then back to the first despite interruptions
- 8-10 years of working experience of which 5+ years of management experience in customer service operations either on the In House Operations, BPO Operations or Partner Management side
- Experience working with CX partners in China
- Experience leading, inspiring and motivating others to meet goals and metrics
- Solid understanding of local Chinese legal and cultural requirements
- Demonstrated project management experience as either owner or stakeholder
- Creativity, Innovation, and the ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Strong Analytical skills; able to tell a story with data and metrics using Excel and Keynote
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English, Mandarin native preferred
- Able to travel in Europe, APAC and NA when required
- Up to 50% travel time
- Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top