Customer Experience Lead, Japan
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, we use hundreds of Post-Its a week, and we give the best high-fives in town. We are the first contact many of our Guests and Hosts will have and are the keepers of a magical customer experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and smart Customer Experience Lead who is an inspirational and experienced team motivator. The Customer Experience Lead is responsible for managing a team of twelve or less and consistently drives their team to deliver strong results and a loyal brand following. This position will be based in Tokyo.
We are seeking applicants who are fluent/native speakers and writers of Japanese (in addition to English). Additional Asian languages (i.e. Korean or Mandarin) would be a plus but not essential.
- Ensure employee happiness by creating a trusting team; communicating direction and goals, providing regular performance feedback and developing members of the team to ensure career growth.
- Drive team to meet and exceed metric expectations; understand how to leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Keep up with day-to-day management duties such as scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-on-one meetings.
- Influence Leaders to ensure Host and Guest feedback is being taken into consideration.
- Be a confident problem solver, create a solutions orientated environment.
- Constantly evaluate workflows and find ways for them to be more efficient, relevant and valuable both internally and externally
- Understand the top user issues and make recommendations to improve Airbnb products and policies; support team in being the voice of the customer to the rest of the company.
- Stay connected to the customer by spending at least one hour/week working on tickets and handling occasional escalated issues.
- Balance and prioritize the above based on seasonality and the needs of customers, team and Airbnb.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- Must speak English and Japanese
- Proven experience working with customers preferably in a leadership role.
- Experience leading, inspiring, coaching and motivating other to meet goals and metrics.
- Strong analytical skills; Able to tell a story with data and metrics.
- Passionate about customer experience, understands the importance to an organisation. Clear, concise communicator who can build collaborative and positive relationships.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to work well in an ambiguous environment.
- Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure
- Work authorization in Japan
- Passionate about Airbnb!
- Stock options
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salaries
- Apple equipment
- And much more!
Back to top