Security CSIRT Engineer
The CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) is responsible for effectively detecting and responding to security incidents for Airbnb’s corporate and production environments.
By strengthening our incident response program we can rapidly detect and respond to incidents, thereby minimizing data, financial and reputational losses to our hosts, guests, partners and our company. Airbnb is a community built on trust, and we are an important part of that foundation.
What makes a Security CSIRT Engineer?
We are a team focused on precision, automation and innovation. Our engineering and infrastructure efforts follow best practices like CI/CD, unit/integration testing and performance monitoring. You won’t be maintaining someone else’s debt here.
Public examples of our work can be found here and here. Instead of following established norms, we developed a way to collect, query, transport, analyze and store instrumentation data without maintaining a single server.
Here are some high-level areas we’re investing in:
- Forensics (disk, memory)
- Automated malware analysis (static, dynamic)
- Host instrumentation (OS X, Linux, Windows)
- Network instrumentation (static, dynamic)
- Email instrumentation (static, dynamic)
- Data science, analytics, machine learning
Join us in developing next generation approaches and tools
The following are some experiences that are relevant to us:
- AWS (infrastructure, services, …)
- DevOps (Chef/Puppet, Travis/Jenkins, PagerDuty, …)
- Big Data / Data science / Analytics / Machine Learning
- Development experience (Ruby, Python, Java, C/C++, …)
- Familiarity with version control (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top