Security CSIRT Engineer
The CSIRT team at Airbnb:
The CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team) is responsible for effectively detecting and responding to security incidents for Airbnb’s corporate and production environments.
By strengthening our incident response program we can rapidly detect and respond to incidents, thereby minimizing data, financial and reputational losses to our hosts, guests, partners and our company. Airbnb is a community built on trust, and we are an important part of that foundation.
What are examples of work that Security CSIRT engineers have done at Airbnb?
We are a team focused on precision, automation and innovation. Our engineering and infrastructure efforts follow best practices like CI/CD, unit/integration testing and performance monitoring. You won’t be maintaining someone else’s debt here.
A public example of our work can be found here; instead of following established norms (aggregation, SIEM’s, ....), we developed a way to collect, query, transport and store instrumentation data without maintaining a single server.
Here are some high-level areas we’re investing in:
- Forensics (disk, memory)
- Automated malware analysis (static, dynamic)
- Host instrumentation (OS X, Linux, Windows)
- Network instrumentation (static, dynamic)
- Email instrumentation (static, dynamic)
- Data science, analytics, machine learning
Join us in developing next generation approaches and defensive tools that we can share with industry!
The following are some experiences that are relevant to us:
- AWS (infrastructure, services, …)
- DevOps (Chef/Puppet, Travis/Jenkins, PagerDuty, …)
- Big Data / Data science / Analytics / Machine Learning
- Development experience (Ruby, Python, Java, C/C++, Go, …)
- Familiarity with version control (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Forensics (acquisition, analysis, automation)
- Reverse engineering (ex: to develop generic signatures to detect RATs like JSocket)
- Large-scale incident response (detect, contain, eradicate, recover)
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Not sure if it’s the right fit for you? Drop our team a note ([email protected]) and we're happy to discuss additional details with you.
Back to top