Crisis Response Specialist, Singapore
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Singapore is home to many and a host to all of our offices here within Asia Pacific. As the regional hub for APAC, the Singapore office looks after many of the challenges the region brings and plays a vital role in moving Airbnb forward in the region.
Our Trust & Safety Team is growing and we want you to be part of it! We believe people are fundamentally good. We also believe people deserve peace of mind. In order to achieve that, Airbnb is creating a cross-functional task-force to provide the support necessary to make our community safer. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team with a tremendous purpose.
- Assisting with escalated issues and initiating the user dispute request process
- Investigating both sides of incident disputes, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies
- Working to deliver a better understanding of Airbnb processes to our users in a customer facing manner
- Educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
- Monitoring flagged and inappropriate content and identifying trends in online risk
- Working with Trust & Safety lead to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Investigating cases involving complex damages, potential fraud, or brand risk
- Evaluating both property damages and personal property damages
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively documenting investigations through written reports
- Interfacing with internal communications and social media teams
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of applicable experience, preferably in e-commerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- Language skills: Fluent in English in addition an Asian Language, knowledge of a third language will be an advantage.
- Strong verbal (phone) and written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing an investigation
- Background in technology, online media/services and/or fraud and/or investigation
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalising responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities – you will be responsible for up to 20 cases at a time
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate – ready to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one
Every day we come to work knowing that we are going to make a difference, and you can do the same. Apply now!
Back to top