Crisis Management Investigator - Mandarin (Trust & Safety)
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Trust and Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 2 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated crisis management investigators who will be able to help our hosts and guests when they need us the most.
Responsibilities will include a combination of the following:
- Assisting with escalated issues and initiating the user dispute request process
- Investigating both sides of incident disputes and negotiating collaboratively
- Verifying facts and reaching policy-based determinations for effective resolution
- Working to educate our hosts and guests to promote positive experiences
- Educating users on how to maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly
- Monitoring flagged and inappropriate content and identifying trends in online risk
- Working with Trust & Safety support teams to develop and enhance internal policies and tools
- Investigating cases involving complex damages, trauma or personal harm, or brand risk
- Evaluating both property damages and personal property damages
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations
- Comprehensively documenting investigations through written reports
- Interfacing with internal communications and social media teams
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, or e-commerce customer service experience in risk management or related Trust and Safety field.
- Language skills: Fluent English and Fluent Mandarin both verbal and written
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and knowledge of a second (market-specific) language
- Strong verbal (phone) and written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing an investigation
- Background in advocacy, crisis response, dispute mitigation, or emergency response management
- Or, background in fraud and/or online investigations with experience handling personal injury, personal harm, or property damage related issues
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Innovative and passionate about continued process improvement.
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top