Creative Producer, China
This is an position that requires strong collaboration, organizational, and communication skills, as well as a humble ambition to develop Airbnb into the most creative place on earth. Successful candidates will exhibit the ability to stimulate the process of creative conception as well as shepherd the execution of the work with a nimble and efficient approach. They are self-motivated and thrive on inspiring and delivering creative excellence despite evolving constraints. Candidates should feel comfortable working with creatives throughout a well-constructed process while being able to effectively communicate with non-creatives. You must be collaborative in approach, empathetic in nature, and steadfast in intention.
As a result of the broad scope of content / creative development within Airbnb, the Art Department regularly participates in the production of cross-disciplinary integrated creative projects (for example projects with video and photo, design and identity, experiential platforms, and host / guest events).Reporting to the Executive Producer, Design and working in partnership with the Photo & Video Production Manager, Creative Directors, Discipline Producers, and Program Management team, s/he nurtures and enhances the creative, strategic and storytelling objectives throughout content execution. This role requires a visual and design sensibility and deep understanding of the right production talent required to execute the project at hand.
- Management of production deliverables through execution with unflappable confidence.
- Manage project-based production budgets and drive efficiencies, working closely with Exec Producer and Program Managers to ensure project budgets are accounted for in the larger program budget.
- Interact with outside partners and other agencies as necessary, based on the needs of the project. Help drive a creative production process that is collaborative, creatively inspired and democratic, and financially efficient.
- Work with Exec Producer and Creative Ops to ensure resourcing plan meets larger skillset needs of project, cross-project contractor needs are identified and sourced.
- Work closely with Program Manager to align on creative development schedules that allow for excellence in production.
- Establish a close, nimble relationship between Program Management, Business Owners / Marketing Managers, and Content Creators that closes knowledge gaps and reduces costs.
- Work with Exec Producer to establish best-in-class content design, digital, and print production guidelines.
- Nurture existing and create new relationships within the creative industry as well as internal partner teams, in an effort to position the graphic design team to react whenever required with smart inspired creative solutions that build brand love.
- Ensure that deliverables adhere to briefs, Airbnb vision and intention, and reflect feedback throughout the process.
- Create alignment among stakeholders and partners throughout the deliverable production process, holding production team members accountable. Enlisting the aid of Program Manager when necessary to resolve conflict or boost accountability.
- Manage production project timelines and budgets; work with Creative Ops to facilitate third party contract requisitions and invoice payments.
- Exhibit a passion for creative excellence on a daily basis
- Ensure work is produced in line with the highest standards of quality and within budget and schedule
- Contribute strategic vision and have ownership in the quality of the final product
- 8-10+ years of career experience, with at least five in creative, ideally production roles
- Familiarity with production process and terminology
- Comprehension of design and film language
- Production contacts across the globe
- Polished communication and organizational skills
- Ability to visualize a range of solutions rapidly
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced workplace.
- Passion for process and time-management.
- Able to juggle tasks and prioritize.
- Articulate and helpful; a natural host.
- Proactive desire to understand and take pride in how their work contributes to the bigger picture.
- Passionate about Airbnb.
- Software: Spreadsheet master, Adobe Creative suite (basic knowledge).
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top