Country Talent Partner Lead-China
Founded in August of 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodation around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetise their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
Beijing is a fast-growing, up-and-coming office! Home to an incredibly hospitable team, our Beijing-based colleagues strive to help our community Belong Anywhere all around the world.
We're looking for an experienced Talent Partner Lead (HR Business Partner Lead) to join our team. A successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is strong in influencing and mentoring others and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a Strategic business partner along with a roll up your sleeves attitude. Experience in China’s tech industry is a plus as is experience within a multinational organization.
This is a critical role which sits on our China Leadership Team and will partner primarily with the Vice President of China who has the overall remit for driving the success of our tech and operations teams in China. This role will report to the global Vice President of Employee Experience (EX), based in San Francisco. The Talent Partner Lead will be supported by both the Regional EX team in Singapore and Global EX team in San Francisco whose -goal is to equip Airbnb to achieve our mission.
Currently, this role will have one direct report in the Talent team and will be responsible for providing on the ground guidance to the leads of the other Employee Experience functions based in Beijing including Recruiting, Workplace and Ground Control. This will entail representing EX on the China Leadership Team and helping to align EX work and teams to best support the varying business priorities for our China operations.
- Partner with Business leaders and provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Participate in leadership meetings to diagnose and solve talent and organization problems
- Advocate for your functional teams and represent their needs to the global EX team and senior leadership
- Ensure the delivery of industry leading HR/Talent services as the business scales
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation of core HR/Talent programs
- Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex HR issues (e.g., performance management, rewards, mutual separations, conflict management...)
- Work closely with Talent COE partners (Total Rewards, Learning, Talent Design and Internal Comms) to deliver talent programs and translate back feedback
- Ensure talent operations are setup to comply with local laws and practices
- Respond to employee questions on a timely basis and provide advice when it makes sense
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
- On the ground experience in China is a must, ideally having experience in the tech industry and a multinational environment.
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details - no job too big or too small
- Well-developed influencing skills that enable her/him to have positive impact
- Prior experience of managing direct reports
- Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team
- Genuine curiosity & strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others
- Well-developed analytical skills and a proven ability to think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
- Unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English required.
- Experience as a Learning Leader or Program Facilitator is a plus
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top