Country Manager Germany, Austria, Switzerland (DACH)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to belong anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 81,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are seeking a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited individual to join us as Country Manager at our Berlin office to steer and grow the DACH operations.
In this role you will be the primary voice and ambassador of our business in DACH. You will manage a dynamic team in winning our top markets and establishing a strong Airbnb presence in new markets. You will be the face of Airbnb DACH internally championing the user experience and what it takes to grow the market as well as externally in front of the relevant network of business partners, regulators and press. You will raise the opportunities and challenges of the region and set the priorities that will grow those markets. Together with your functional partners, you will set transparent objectives, and execute the Airbnb strategy on the ground. You will be a natural born leader, highly capable of influencing and driving decisions with an analytical approach. Your communication skills will be exceptional with proven ability to coach, support and inspire a team.
- Build the brand on the ground with all given levers of brand, comms, partnerships etc. and grow both our mission and the business
- Ensure successful local planning and execution of our global strategy.
- Be the primary advocate and expert for the region under your control.
- Act as company spokesperson in interviews with key media, liaise with our PR organisation
- Inform and support local Public Policy strategy by meeting with government officials and local associations.
- Work with core functions such as Legal, Public Policy, Marketing, PR, Product, Customer Experience, to ensure strategy works well with all departments involved.
- Steer the office by ensuring everyone knows the strategy, embodies the values of the company and has the right opportunities to develop and strive.
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities within the market. Build relationships with potential partners to drive unions that will help grow the region.
- This role reports directly to the EMEA Regional Director.
- >10 years of professional experience of which >5 managing cross-functional teams
- Background in Entrepreneurship, Operations, Marketing/Business Development or Management Consulting.
- Proven track record of having worked in a rapidly growing international organization.
- Strong network to senior stakeholders in key DACH markets
- Understanding of the hospitality industry is a plus
- Experience in B2B,B2C and platform business models, strong operational experience.
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional international environment
- Native German, fluent English
- Experience on being spokesperson in the media. Having a policy component to the profile is a plus.
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to yield the team to get the very best out of them. Hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available.
- An undeniably positive attitude, extreme dedication, and ability to act as a role model to Airbnb and its values.
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
- Have a passion for travel, Airbnb, and being the best!
Back to top