Counsel, Insurance Solutions
Based in San Francisco, your role as a member of the Airbnb legal team will involve working closely with business partners across the country to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro-activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. You will operate as part of a supportive, fun and friendly team. This role reports to Deputy General Counsel - Payments, Insurance & Commercial Transactions.
- Provide commercial contracting support for various agreements necessary to support the operations of Airbnb, and in particular Airbnb’s customer-facing insurance products and services.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and partners to research and provide guidance on insurance regulatory requirements. Help launch new insurance products as the opportunity and need arises.
- Support insurance policy negotiations.
- Manage day to day corporate and legal administrative work for Airbnb’s insurance products and services.
- Stay up-to-date and help keep the team advised on laws and regulations dealing with insurance, advertising, and consumer protection in order to better support the business.
- Be a team player, helping with agreements across a wide variety of subject matter areas.
- Creative, flexible and experienced commercial attorney with business orientated outlook.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- General experience working in a international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with Airbnb’s business objectives.
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- A passion for Airbnb with a strong knowledge and keen interest in travel.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Several years in-house experience, preferably in the technology sector.
- Training in a highly regarded and leading international law firm.
- Computer literacy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualified lawyer with Bar admission in the United States.
Back to top