[Contractor] Host Community Specialist
*[This is a contract position.] In this role, you will be employed by a third party agency. You will not be engaged as an employee of Airbnb, and will not be eligible for Airbnb employee compensation or benefits.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast, up-and-coming office! Home to the most hospitable people you will meet, our small and extremely capable team of Beijing based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travelers within this big and diverse market
Role & Responsibilities
Airbnb Host Academy Offline Events Contractor is responsible for:
- Managing logistics/events for all Airbnb Host Academy offline events
- Under the guidance of Community Engagement Lead, plan and execute Academy content framework
- Work continuously with hosts to train them for on camera/live speaking (blocking, mic use, enunciation, vocabulary, stage presence etc)
- Coordinate and manage back-end speaker related paperwork/logistics such as signing/filing permission of image use contracts, travel related costs, tracking of host speakers etc
- Work with various host content developers to input on content/host talk strategy and development, ie. with Wechat Agency, Video Agency etc
- Work with internal and external partners to share resources on host content
- Manage all speakers during offline AHA events, as well as managing/coordinating their rehearsal/practice times as needed
- We are seeking candidates who are positive and energetic with a passion for Airbnb’s mission
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills - ability to keep multiple relationships at different stages at once
- Metrics orientation, ability to work with data and willingness to track results, activities and keep clear/detailed records
- The role also requires ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines. Prior project management experience is desirable
- Strong storytelling abilities and fundamental understanding of content highly desirable
- The role requires significant travel within the region
- Ideal candidates have a strong storytelling sense and ability to communicate well among different types of people. Can manage many relationships at once, and is able to keep clear/documented records. Prior experience in cold calling, community management, content development/management, field organizing and event planning.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top