[Contractor] Customer Experience Team Leader - Manila
Founded in 2008, Airbnb is a global travel community that offers magical end-to-end trips, including where you stay, what you do and the people you meet. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace offers access to millions of places to stay in more than 191 countries, from apartments and villas to castles, treehouses and B&Bs. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals.All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use and beautifully designed website and app.
As the Customer Experience Manila Team Leader, you will be responsible for on-ground support of the new Manila internal CX specialists. You’ll help to guide, coach, mentor and build a high-performance team. This role will report to the CX Operations Manager. You’ll also need to support your manager with local engagements/projects including, but not limited to, meetings, presentations, preparation of MBRs, QBRs etc.
This person will be adaptable, have an open-mind, creative, and comfortable operating with ambiguity, all while ensuring a positive culture.
- Ensure employee happiness by creating a trusting team; communicating direction and goals, providing regular performance feedback and developing members of the team to ensure career growth.
- Drive team to meet and exceed metric expectations; understand how to leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Keep up with day-to-day management duties such as scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-on-one meetings.
- Be a confident problem solver, create a solutions orientated environment.
- Constantly evaluate workflows and find ways for them to be more efficient, relevant and valuable both internally and externally
- Understand the top user issues and make recommendations to improve Airbnb products and policies; support team in being the voice of the customer to the rest of the company.
Taking Initiative - You understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new challenges. If you see an opportunity to contribute or make things better, you take it—you don't wait around to be asked. You're comfortable acting with minimal planning, direction, and supervision. You can identify issues both within and outside of your immediate scope, and propose solutions.
Collaborating - You work effectively with others in one-on-one or group settings. You strive to listen more than you speak, and you frame suggestions as questions rather than orders. You openly receive new ideas and contribute your own. You help others, regardless of ownership or relationship. You're not perceived as a person who slows down progress. You focus on achieving a desired result, not on owning a project or receiving credit for the outcome. You understand the need for an open and collaborative team environment, and you foster this in your interactions with others. You utilize strategic partnerships to achieve your goals.
Managing Processes - You think systemically. You understand how to consistently achieve complex goals in an orderly way, using fewer resources and creating fewer complications. You find new opportunities for synergy and collaboration. You build partnerships, and delegate appropriately. You efficiently organize people, agendas, and activities, and keep everyone in the loop on progress and performance. You know what needs to be measured, and how best to measure it. You anticipate and navigate obstacles, and skillfully negotiate changes with cross-functional partners. You effectively communicate and implement changes.
- Prior Customer Experience leadership experience
- Must speak fluent English
- Experience leading, inspiring, coaching and motivating others to meet goals and metrics
- Strong analytical skills; able to tell a story with data and metrics
- Good presentation skills
*This is a contract position. During this period, you will be employed by a third party agency. You will not be engaged as an employee of Airbnb, and will not be eligible for Airbnb employee compensation or benefits.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top