Consumer News Specialist - Internship
This position will be based in Airbnb’s Berlin office where you will assist the DACH, CEE & MEA Communications Team in coordinating PR activities and helping to keep Airbnb at the forefront of popular culture. The role is a six month, paid contract and will involve helping to develop PR materials, liaising with agency partners, co-ordinating between the European offices and HQ, and providing support on dealing with media inquiries.
Responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring the news agenda for relevant opportunities for Airbnb
- Helping to manage an editorial calendar of stories
- Creating content for stories
- Working with internal and agency partners to deliver stories to the media
- Helping to capture and evaluate the results of these stories from around the world
- Curating host stories in regions and identify stories related to various themes (entrepreneurship, seniors, women, etc.) and identify key influencers within our community.
Skills required to be successful on this internship:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent writing skills with samples to share.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A passion for the news and creating stories
- Strong creativity
- Excellent writing skills
- Eager to work with the community
- Fluent in both German and English necessary
- Experience in PR or communications (in-house or agency).
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French preferable.
Skills the Intern will learn and develop on this internship:
- Understand how to develop consumer news
- How to research, develop, and write press pitches
- How to manage an editorial calendar
It’s a fantastic opportunity to join and learn from the communications team in a fast growing and highly topical company. We are responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
Back to top