Connections and Media Activation Manager Americas
Airbnb creates the world’s definitive magical travel experiences, and our marketing is as magical as the travel itself. Not only is our marketing the world's most inspirational, we are also respected for having one of the world’s most effective approaches to building both an iconic brand and an incredibly successful business. Our marketing leads (does not follow) popular culture. Our community drives vast momentum and eagerly co-creates with us all over the world. Due to the phenomenal impact we have made in terms of brand consideration, brand love and brand loyalty, Airbnb is THE brand that defines this generation.
As the Connections and Media Activation Manager, Americas you will be responsible for the ingenuity, effectiveness and efficiency of the Latin America Connections plans that are developed and activated across the region in support of our business objectives.
To do this will require close collaboration with teams across Airbnb, both within and outside of the Marketing team. You will be laser focused on outcomes, working with both our agencies and co-workers to deliver optimum value for our investments, defining KPIs and maintaining excellence in activation. You will also have a keen eye on how to best leverage media in order to enhance the creative story, influencing asset production and formats, flagging opportunities, and testing new ideas.
You will be able to see the big picture, visualising the impact that the breadth of our activity has on our target audience, and collaborate on the creation of the Connections principles by which we operate, whilst being able to review and advise on the minutiae of our plans.
- Collaborate with regional media leads to manage our global media agency of record
- Work with the regional media teams in coordination with cross-functional teams based in HQ to to ensure cohesive regional media strategies focused around global go-to-market approaches. Emphasis on optimizing for media efficiency, creative execution, local relevance and campaign objectives.
- Lead Latin America specific campaigns from development of communication strategy through campaign execution and reporting. Areas of focus include communication planning, media mix development, media planning, performance measurement, budget management, online tracking, buy evaluation, and optimization. Passion for understanding the various consumer segments by market and their media behaviors is essential.
- Foster an environment for cross-departmental collaboration by working effectively with Brand Strategy, Product Marketing, Creative, Brand Activation, Finance, Performance Marketing, and Corporate Communication teams
- Drive in-region communication to ensure campaign execution and performance information is passed to the right stakeholders in a timely manner
- Stay abreast of new media trends and emerging channels in Latin America. Identify and prioritize innovation opportunities and bring fresh, creative thinking to ensure Airbnb is leveraging media in the most surprising and provocative ways.
- Passion for travel and all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus.
- 8+ years experience or 4 years plus relevant education at interactive, advertising or marketing agencies and/or experience managing media buying for a brand—preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- Ability to lead plan development from beginning to end with little oversight. Must be able to think think holistically but also ensure the details are nailed.
- In-depth knowledge of the efficacy of all media channels, with a proven track record in offline media along with social and digital media. Deep understanding of market trends and fluency with brand measurement metrics and analytics.
- Experience in managing media programs across Latin America countries or managing Hispanic media programs in North America and evaluating strategic, local media partners.
- Ability to lead, influence and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers and executives across global markets.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is required
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top