Compliance Program Manager: International
The Compliance Program Manager supports Airbnb’s payments compliance activities. This position is responsible for supporting the ongoing design, refinement and maintenance of our International compliance program, including user-facing product controls, monitoring systems, and supporting control infrastructure. This role ensures that day-to-day International compliance controls and systems are maintained to a high standard, prepared to mitigate risks to the business, and ready for regulatory examinations in all relevant international jurisdictions.
- Develop and maintain the company’s Compliance Policies and program for all relevant international jurisdictions, design and oversee the implementation of systems and processes to implement the international compliance program
- Work closely with Compliance Product Managers, Engineers and Data Science to define product requirements and closely manage systems development and maintenance activities.
- Work with data to provide impactful quantitative storytelling that enables confident business decisions.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business leaders to understand evolving requirements in each market and changes to product offerings to ensure appropriate Compliance processes are in place
- Coordinate with the Compliance Operations Manager and/or their designee to understand evolving trends and risks and the effectiveness of our Compliance controls, workflows and supporting systems
- Lead annual risk and control assessment efforts for all relevant jurisdictions
- Ensure compliance risks are identified and raised for consideration to the CCO and/or SCO, as appropriate.
- Independently manage vendor relationships related to your program area(s)
- Serve as primary point of contact for audits and exam document requests related to the International Compliance program, and lead the program response for all audit recommendations related to your program area
- Create, manage and maintain metrics to monitor control effectiveness, and ensure management has 24/7/365 visibility of the health of the International Compliance programs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- 5+ Years work experience, with demonstrated experience in payments, banking, or e-commerce
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues related to payments and many of the applicable regulations both in the US and abroad.
- Demonstrated experience working with product and engineering to define requirements and implement effective technical tools
- Strong systems thinker
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to clearly articulate compliance requirements to a non-compliance audience
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management
- Exceptional organization and process management ability
- High level of personal integrity, interest in payments as evidenced by related work experience, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow within the Airbnb community and embody our Core Values; team-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional experience and/or certification in project management a plus.
- Professional certification in compliance risk management preferred (CAMS/CFE/CFCS certification)
Back to top