Compliance Operations Lead - Global Investigations
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities
The Compliance Operations Lead supports Airbnb’s payments compliance activities. This position is responsible for investigation of unusual activities and the preparation of regulatory reporting required by anti-money laundering regulations and other compliance programs. Additionally, the Compliance Operations Lead is responsible for day-to- day monitoring and leadership of the Suspicious Activity Reporting Operations.
- Conduct complicated investigations requiring reconciliation of multiple investigative data sources with little management oversight.
- Prepare detailed reporting to support independent decisions to file regulatory reports & justification for escalations and de-escalations
- Provide mentorship and guidance to investigators on industry best-practices for investigations, Airbnb workflows, and investigations tools.
- Provide quality assurance analysis and reviews
- Lead procedure and workflow changes that may impact multiple teams and/or regions with the support of your manager
- Assess and communicate control effectiveness, and present investigative findings, case
trends, and operational metrics to management
- Accurately identify and escalate compliance risks and opportunities to the Payments Management
- Lead projects to simplify relatively complex operational problems within diverse cross- functional groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- 5-7 years compliance operations experience in payments, banking, or e-commerce with 2+ years preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
- Intermediate knowledge of anti-money laundering typologies related to the payments and e-commerce space
- Strong systems thinker
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate compliance requirements to a non-compliance audience
- Ability to work closely and build trust with management, your team and other teams
- Exceptional organization and process management ability
- High level of personal integrity, interest in payments as evidenced by related work experience, proven dedication to excellence, leadership qualities and a flexible, creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity of SQL and data querying skills a huge preference!
- Professional certification in compliance risk management preferred (CAMS/CFE/CFCS certification)
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top