Airbnb seeks Community Organizers to advocate for home sharing in Miami
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
We are looking for qualified candidates to serve as Community Organizers, helping to organize, train, and mobilize supporters of home sharing in Miami. Organizers will be responsible for recruiting and organizing supporters to take action.
This will be a temporary position based in Miami.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers/hosts to take action
- Develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and volunteers/hosts
- Empower volunteers/hosts to develop into leadership roles in a lasting, volunteer driven grassroots organization
- Organize events such as trainings and neighborhood meetings
- Collect and enter organizing data on a daily basis
- Build a network of supporters in the local business community
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- Experience with community, electoral or issue-based organizing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet tight and competing deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in metrics driven jobs
- Comfort with technology and using data to make decisions
- Meticulous organization skills
- Good sense of humor and ability to adapt to a fast paced, changing work environment
- Experience working in diverse communities
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-moving, team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel
- A strong passion for home sharing
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Airbnb Travel Coupon
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top