Community Organiser, Japan
We are looking to build a team of Community Organisers to support hosts’ right to homeshare, build close working relationships with community leaders and work with hosts and guests to find the best ways to be good neighbors.
Community Organisers will:
- Help hosts to build neighbourhood groups to support their right to share their homes.
- Speak to hosts on the phone and face to face about their experiences hosting and to invite them to join neighbourhood home sharing associations.
- Aim to empower hosts and supporters of home sharing to become community leaders.
- Organise meetings and events for hosts and supporters of homesharing.
- Identify supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities.
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems.
We’re looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- A passion for home sharing.
- Experience in community organising within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns.
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people in a one on one setting, as well as communicate with larger groups.
- Competent in using technology and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous organisation skills.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and have excellent working knowledge of English. Other languages will be a bonus skill.
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems.
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Back to top