Community Organiser (Fixed Term Contract)
We are looking to recruit a Community Organiser who will work with home sharing hosts in the UK, empowering them to become leaders of local home sharing clubs. Home sharing clubs bring together home sharing hosts in towns and cities across the world to take action to better their local communities and to discuss local laws and regulations on home sharing. You can learn more about home sharing clubs here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Home-Sharing-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs
We’re looking for a candidate who has exceptional people skills, experience within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns and a track record in empowering people.
This position will be based in London. This will be a fixed-term contract until the end of 2017.
The Community Organiser will:
- Support home sharing hosts who would like to found a local home sharing club.
- Speak to hosts on the phone and face to face about their experiences hosting.
- Empower hosts and supporters of home sharing to become community leaders.
- Organise meetings and events for hosts and supporters of homesharing.
- Identify supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities.
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems.
We’re looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- A passion for home sharing.
- Experience in community organising within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns.
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people in a one on one setting, as well as communicate with larger groups.
- Competent in using technology and social media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Meticulous organisation skills
- Must be fluent in English. Other languages will be a bonus skill.
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problems.
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top