Community Organiser - Contract
We are looking for a Community Organiser who will work as an independent consultant. This person will work and engage with home sharing hosts in London and the UK. Home sharing hosts in towns and cities across the world are coming together to take action to better their local communities and to discuss local laws and regulations on home sharing. You can learn more about home sharing clubs here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Home-Sharing-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs
We’re looking for an individual who has exceptional people skills, experience within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns and a track record in building relationships with people.
This position will be based in London, with some travel required to other cities in the UK/ Ireland. This will be on a fixed-term basis until the end of 2017.
The deliverables for this role will be related to:
- Speaking to hosts on the phone and face to face about their experiences hosting
- Organising meetings and events for hosts and supporters of homesharing
- Identifying supporters of home sharing and potential partners in neighbourhoods and cities
- Work with a range of online tools and enter data into relevant systems
We’re looking for people with the following experience and skills:
- A passion for home sharing
- Experience in community organising within political campaigns, the charity or government sectors or grassroots campaigns
- Able to build strong relationships with a diverse range of people in a one on one setting, as well as communicate with larger groups
- Competent in using technology and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Meticulous organisation skills
- Must be fluent in English
- A track record of coming up with new ideas and solving problem
- Motivated to meet and exceed targets and achieve goals
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top