Claims Specialist, Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for talented, experienced and bilingual full-time Property Security (Claims)/Liability case handling professionals to join our Claims team and help us provide exceptional customer support to our community.
Primary Function: The core work of Claims specialists is to provide excellent community support for hosts and guests seeking assistance from Airbnb Host Guarantee; property damage related issues.
Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, outbound calls and case work.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to align on case strategy and effectively collaborate with and monitor third party claims administrators.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
Secondary Function: Dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a content advisor by supporting the execution of Change Management initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor to bring impactful initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/Subject Matter Expert for new hires and partners by identifying any operational gaps and to process/escalate any areas for improvement
- Location: Seoul (Republic of Korea)
- Language skills: Fluent English and Native Korean, both verbal and written
- 1-3 years of experience in Hospitality industry or e-commerce customer service. Experience in Insurance Claims (ideally damage, liability, and fatalities) and other insurance investigation or program management experiences are a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work per week (40 hours) while being able to work on weekends and public holidays according to the mutually agreed shift schedule with the respective supervisors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (email) and spoken (phone), to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner. Capable to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset in a fast-changing work environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new challenges and opportunities
Back to top