China Performance Marketing Lead
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From treehouses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires the some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
Airbnb is looking for a talented Digital Performance Marketing Manager to lead the Performance Marketing team in our Beijing office. As the Digital Performance Marketing Manager for China, you will work closely with other functional counterparts and the Director of China Engineering to align on performance strategy to drive growth in China. Success in this role means maximizing the value of Airbnb’s performance marketing investment in China by driving the high value users and growing our presence in China. The ideal candidate for this position will be quantitative, detail-oriented, and willing to get his or her hands dirty.
- Lead a team of Specialists focused on running effective and efficient marketing campaigns for a diverse range of initiatives (e.g., revenue generation, user acquisition, and strategic investment) across various platforms
- Create, manage and optimize China SEM campaigns based on strategic initiatives and deliver on efficiency goals
- Collaborate with key functional partners (Finance, Data Science, Product/Engineering, Brand Marketing, etc.) to drive flawless in-market campaign execution.
- Identify new opportunities and strategies for China that will assist with scaling our acquisition and business growth efforts
- Assist in the development and rollout of best practices to streamline workflow and experimentation and ensure learnings are shared within the China performance marketing team
- Foster a sense of team in a culturally diverse office
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a plus.
- 8+ years of tactical performance marketing experience with a strong focus on SEM and other performance marketing channels (e.g. Baidu, Qihoo, WeChat)
- Strong understanding of the app acquisition landscape and experience driving high ROI growth on mobile
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Chinese ad platforms with a proven track record of leading innovative, effective marketing strategies (e.g. structuring A/B tests, generating out-of-the-box solutions to help increase conversions, etc.)
- Experience with ad tracking and ad serving platforms within China to drive product and data needs to measure performance. Familiarity with multi-touch attribution work is also a plus
- Must be highly proficient in Excel (pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.). Proficiency in SQL a plus.
- Ability to lead and work across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of peers globally
- Experience working in global teams and collaborating across multiple geographies is preferred
- Fluency in English and Mandarin. Must be able to work in Beijing.
- Previous management experience a plus
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top