Business Systems Architect - Finance & Payments
The Business Systems team manages the selection, implementation and support of systems and applications for the Finance and Employee Experience (HR) teams at Airbnb. The systems stack includes Workday as our core HCM and Financials application, and applications supporting Recruiting, Reconciliation Operations, Travel & Expense Management, Budgeting & Planning, Treasury and a variety of downstream applications via integrations. The Business Systems team partners closely with all the vertical functions in Finance, the Payments Infrastructure and the Employee Experience organizations. This cross functional role is critical for developing the strategy for the evolution of the business systems ecosystem.
- Provides high-level system architectural design on Finance, Payments and Revenue systems.
- Creates and owns the technical architecture roadmap for business systems in keeping with the overall platform strategy.
- Responsible for key architectural deliverables like data models, systems diagrams, design documents etc.
- Builds a business intelligence platform that provides master data management, data governance, reporting and analytics for finance and HR apps.
- Partners closely with the Finance (Accounting, Cash & Revenue Operations, FP&A), Payments Engineering, Payments Infrastructure, HR and IT teams.
- Participates in RFP processes to enable and maintain business systems.
- Creates and executes on the reporting and analytics strategy.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in an IT-related field. Preferably a degree in Computer Science.
- The Business System Architect must have at least ten years of experience in managing progressively complex enterprise wide business systems.
- Experience in Workday (Financials & HCM) or another global financial ERP and its surrounding ecosystem is a plus. Additional experience in payments platforms is an added advantage.
- Has deep knowledge of business intelligence platforms and experience in implementing such a platform.
- Has finance business acumen and a strong understanding of accounting principles, core financial statements and the interdependencies between them.
- Strong expertise in cloud based multi-tenant systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization – from executives to analysts.
- A proven track record of solving complex problems.
Back to top