Business Systems Architect
The Business Systems team manages the selection, implementation and support of systems and applications for the Finance and Employee Experience (HR) teams at Airbnb. The systems stack includes Workday as our core HCM and Financials application, and applications supporting Recruiting, Reconciliation Operations, Travel & Expense Management, Budgeting & Planning, Treasury and a variety of downstream applications via integrations. The Business Systems team partners closely with all the vertical functions in Employee Experience, Finance and the Payments Infrastructure organizations. This cross functional role is critical for developing the strategy for the evolution of the business systems ecosystem.
• Provides high-level architectural design on HR and Finance systems.
• Develops strategy of system and design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
• Advises on selection of technological purchases with regard to processing, data storage, data access and applications development.
• Creates and owns the technical architecture roadmap for business systems in keeping with the over‐all platform strategy.
• Partners closely with the Finance, HR , IT and Payments Infrastructure teams to execute on that roadmap.
• Participates in RFP processes to enable and maintain HR & Finance ERP eco-system.
• Creates and executes on the reporting and analytics strategy across the HR & Finance organization.
• Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in an IT-related field. Preferably a degree in Computer Science.
• The Business System Architect must have at least ten years of experience in managing progressively complex systems including HR and Finance systems.
• Experience in Workday (Financials & HCM) and it’s surrounding ecosystem is a plus. Additional experience in payments platforms is an added advantage.
• Has deep knowledge of business intelligence platforms and experience in implementing such a platform.
• Strong expertise in cloud based multi-tenant systems.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization – from executives to analysts.
• A proven track record of solving complex problems.
Back to top