Business Operations Manager
The Business Operations Manager Germany, Austria, Switzerland will report to the General Manager Germany, Austria, Switzerland and be based in Berlin. They will be responsible for the strategic planning process for the DACH region as well as monitoring and driving the operational progress.
They will have proven track record of building successful strategies taking into account internal and external key data-points as well as leveraging the team (international and in the office) throughout the entire strategic planning process. They will ideally bring in specialist industry knowledge.
Previous experience driving operational progress by enabling the team to (over-)deliver on targets, meeting milestones, removing obstacles, mitigate potential misses, strengthening individuals and make the team join forces.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support the DACH General Manager at internal and external representation and leadership matters. This includes strategy, ops, speaking and presentation prep, network building and team/office related initiatives
- Support the strategic planning process to further evolve a holistic DACH business strategy including partnerships, evolution of inventory, community and business development
- Develop and anticipate the competitive, partnership and potential acquisition landscape
- Regularly check how the market dynamics and the evolvement of our community and product affect our SWAT and positioning
- Forecast expected and report actual market and internal KPIs
- Collaborate with international research/analysis teams to share and develop knowledge
- Drive for operational progress by applying accurate project management skills anticipating internal and external dynamics as well as continuously sharpen and adapt focus
- Forming strong project teams willing and able to deliver fast
- Highly reliable milestone management
- Proactive delivery of early tactic adjustments / mitigation plans if needed
- Further evolve a holistic representation and network roadmap
- Help make Airbnb an even greater place to be, work, travel, host and dedicate yourself to the vision of ‘belong anywhere’
- Minimum 7 + years experience in consulting or business
- Native language level fluency in German, business level English
- Corporate strategy ideally completed by some operational or business development position. Knowledge in Business Intelligence a plus.
- Strong strategic conceptual skills with the articulate ability to identify and lay out priorities
- Proven project management background handling multiple projects at a time ideally, tied to operational responsibility (business KPI)
- Strong analytical, logical skills with strong experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Ability to work proactively and result driven
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, graphing and general advanced functions
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. SQL, Hive) a big plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy or idea clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels…not afraid to dive into detail and execute work as needed
- Master's degree
- Passion for Airbnb and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus
***Please submit your cv in English***
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top