Airbnb China's Business Operations & Strategy team is looking for an excellent Business Analyst to work across all business functions in China. This role will report directly to the Business Operations & Strategy Manager and have exposure to senior leadership across the business, including the Vice President of China. A successful candidate should have strong experience working in a cross-functional environment supporting China business.
Are you a data whiz with strong business acumen? Do you get excited about analyzing data sets and deriving strategic insights from them? We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Beijing. As a diligent and motivated analyst, you will develop a deep expertise on Airbnb's product and business model, gain insights into the travel industry, and work closely with people across functions to build forecasts, identify trends, and uncover business growth opportunities.
China is the world’s largest and fastest growing outbound travel market. At Airbnb we want to help the new audience of Chinese millennial travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations.
- Serve as a data expert and strategic advisor on business operations issues; develop a point-of-view on business opportunities and present them to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Manage data requests from the business – understand business needs and assess the impact of those changes, e.g., marketing campaigns, partnerships, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Develop and maintain of China business performance dashboards and reports; build business forecasts to track and reconcile performance.
- Create insightful, actionable presentations to communicate with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- Team player – brainstorm on insights, results and suggestions with analyst team and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with data scientists and other departments to analyze business opportunities and develop recommendations.
- Provide occasional training on tools to colleagues.
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 4+ years of experience in a quantitative role such as business analyst, investment banking, management consulting, or equivalent roles.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and analytics/modeling.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and principles of data management.
- Ability to develop compelling presentations using PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in statistics and/or statistical tools such as R is a plus.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate key ideas, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high quality work product.
- Mission-driven, enthusiastic to learn and grow within the Airbnb community and embody our Core Values; team-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Data savvy with an intellectual curiosity to drill deep to uncover business drivers; comfortable performing complex analyses using large datasets from multiple sources to generate insights
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top