Airbnb China's Business Operations & Strategy team is looking for an excellent Business Analysis to work across all business functions in China. This role will report directly into the Business Operations & Strategy Manager. A successful candidate should have strong experience working in a cross-functional environment supporting China business.
Are you a data wiz with strong business acumen? Do you get excited about analyzing data sets and deriving strategic insights from them? We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in Beijing. As a diligent and motivated analyst, you will develop a deep expertise on Airbnb's product and business model, gain insights into the travel industry, and work closely with people across functions to build forecasts, identify trends and uncover business growth opportunities.
China is the world’s largest, and fastest growing, outbound travel market. At Airbnb we want to help the new audience of Chinese millennial travelers explore the world through our local experiences, personable hosts, and unique accommodations.
- Serve as a data expert and strategic advisor on business operations issues
- Manage data requests from the business – can understand business change needs and assess the impact of those changes
- The creation, maintenance and continuous development of APAC business performance reports
- Be a team player – brainstorm on insights, results and suggestions with analyst team and key stakeholders
- Develop a point-of-view on business opportunities and present them to cross-functional and/or leadership teams
- Work closely with data scientists and other departments to analyze business opportunities and develop recommendations
- Build business forecasts – tracking and reconciling performance against forecasts
- Provide occasional training on tools to colleagues
- Conduct ad hoc analyses on effects of business decisions regarding such things as marketing campaigns, partnerships, customer satisfaction, etc.
- B.A or B.S required; 3+ years experience in a quantitative role
- Expert knowledge of Excel and analytics/modeling
- Knowledge of SQL and principles of data management
- Ability to develop compelling presentations using PowerPoint or Keynote
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge in statistics and/or statistical tools is a plus
Back to top