Backend Software Engineer, Lux
Lux Engineering at Airbnb:
The Lux Team is focused on creating a brand new business within Airbnb: a product for the Luxury travel segment. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump into projects across all areas of the stack.
We're a small, autonomous team, building systems from the ground-up. We're re-imagining the luxury space, and deciding how Luxury Retreats and Airbnb can join forces to create the best end to end travel experience possible. As part of the team, you will help create that product and bring it to Airbnb's scale.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate across functions (designers, product managers, data scientists and user researchers) to drive guest initiatives for Luxury Retreats.
- The product surface area includes the booking funnel (landing pages, homepage, search, listing pages), inquiry flow, SEO and paid growth.
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power guest features and experiments.
- Architect backend services to support new and existing product initiatives
- 2+ years of industry experience building large-scale backend systems
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write high performance production quality code. (Experience with Java and/or Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top