Role & Responsibilities
- Help with design, build and maintenance of our global broadcast audiovisual systems to ensure 99.9% uptime and ease of use.
- Work with AV system design consultant during the spec, design, vendor selection and build processes
- Rapidly troubleshoot and fix system and equipment issues (including remote troubleshooting over network)
- Commission, test and debug new system builds
- Help with new technology proof-of-concept testing
- Research to understand issues or functionality
- Manage and schedule external vendors for break/fix response when escalation is required
- 6+ years in corporate AV or broadcast engineering
- Excellent proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Thorough comprehension of AV schematics
- AV system design skills
- AV programming skills (crestron/DSP)
- Experience with broadcast AV systems (video cameras, video switchers and SDI infrastructure)
- Experience with video streaming
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing systems (Biamp, QSC, Yamaha, Mediamatrix, Clearone etc..)
- Working knowledge of IP networking and troubleshooting
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects
- Ability to concisely and succinctly gather information and communicate issues to others
- Demonstrable detail-oriented working style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Infocomm (Avixa) certification
- Experience with Cisco videoconferencing
- Experience managing external vendors
- Experience with drafting/CAD
- Crestron certification
Employee Value Proposition
Our team owns Airbnb’s global video production and live streaming, and we operate video-enabled event spaces and broadcast control rooms at major offices around the world. We are seeking an outstanding audiovisual technician to maintain, test and improve our global AV and streaming infrastructure.
As an AV Technician you will be trusted with keeping our systems up and running, helping users to understand them, and testing new technologies to implement in our facilities. If you enjoy managing large, complex AV systems and would like to work in a fast-paced and supportive environment we’d love to hear from you.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Amy W.Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top