Associate Counsel/Counsel, Experiences
(Job Location: London, Paris)
We are looking for a bright, talented lawyer who is passionate about Airbnb and travel.
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. With Experiences, people can see a different side to a destination through unique, handcrafted activities run by locals. Airbnb Experiences is a fast-paced and growing business unit focused on providing safe and quality experiences for travelers around the world.
Airbnb’s legal team in EMEA embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the new sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunity to find creative, practical solutions - right at the cutting edge, around the world. We are committed to further developing a team team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and don’t take themselves too seriously.
We are looking for a passionate lawyer to be dedicated to the Experiences team and who thrives when working on a variety of subject matters. This position will report to the Lead Counsel, EMEA Product based in Berlin.
- Provide effective, business-focused, day-to-day advice to our Experiences business team on a broad range of issues, including product counseling, local law compliance, third-party complaints, and government inquiries.
- Setting up new processes for new Experiences categories.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial and business development agreements; marketing clearances.
- Deliver clear practical advice that enables product managers and business partners to achieve objectives while mitigating legal risk and keeping our community interests at the forefront.
- Proactively work to draft, review and revise internal processes and policies and workflows.
Required Background, Knowledge, Skills
- Degree in Law or other relevant subject with strong academic record and demonstrated record for success as a lawyer
- Ideally dually qualified; qualification or high school or college education in Middle East or Africa a big plus; qualification in a European Union country a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- High standards, empathetic and ethical approach, good judgment, well-honed organizational and analytical skills, strong oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor as well as of justice
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change
- Comfortable and confident working on sensitive issues, including relating to diversity and inclusion
- Strong ability to inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously while prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Experience creating and managing compliance processes
- Direct client counseling experience
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Back to top