Associate Community Policy Manager, China
Trust is the foundation of our global community, and we want the interactions between our hosts and guests to embody our community values. But no global movement springs from any one individual - it takes an entire team united behind something big.
So, to ensure that our values and expectations are clear and that we respond consistently to Community members, we’re building out our Community Policy team. The team is focused on articulating our desired behaviors externally to Airbnb’s global community and on building clear and coherent internal policies for our agents to enforce.
For the role of Associate Community Policy Manager, we’re looking for people who love deep-diving into trends to unearth core issues, researching and analyzing policy options and their implications, and writing. Together, we’ll work hard, laugh a lot, brainstorm nonstop, make endless color-coded lists, and give the best high-fives in town.
Responsibilities will include a combination of the following:
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven enforcement policies as scoped and prioritized with Policy Managers
- Collaborate closely with global Operations teams to inform policy research and drafting efforts
- Gather data and insight from cross-functional collaborators to inform Community Policy project prioritization
- Research industry comparisons, with a focus on China, and drafting policy positions for stakeholder review
- Collaborate with cross-functional operational teams to ensure optimal policy implementation
- 2+ years policy writing or similar relevant experience; exposure to trust and safety issues and working closely with operations teams strongly preferred
- Language requirement: Native Mandarin and fluent English (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Exceptional presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Clear facility with novel and highly abstract ideas
- Strong research abilities and analytical skills
- Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strategic thinking, and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with both local and distributed teams with minimal guidance
- Deals well with ambiguity
- University degree or equivalent years of work experience (minimum 6 years)
- Competence in spreadsheet software required, SQL and other basic technical skills preferred
- Occasional global travel required
Back to top