API Technical Consultant (Contract)
The Technical Consultant acts as the bridge between Ops and Engineering. The Technical Consultant is the first line of defense when troubleshooting bugs and API errors. They are solutions driven. They will understand that rapid and thorough resolutions are necessary in maintaining strong API partnerships, and crucial to Airbnb’s reputation within the community.
The Technical Consultant is well versed in JSON, XML and Ruby on Rails. They will collaborate with the non-technical internal teams that detect issues and bugs, and communicates cross-functionally when necessary. While the Technical Consultant has a background in coding, they also understand how to speak to external business partners and member of Airbnb’s Ops and Customer Experience teams. Please note this is a 6 month contract position.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and investigates escalated issues
- Guides API partners on how to use the API
- Maintains agreed upon SLA for resolving issues
- Communicates effectively to technical and non-technical internal teams
- Creates and maintains documentation on common issues; potentially manages technical community forums and/or leads technical calls with partner developers.
- Experienced working with APIs
- Well versed in JSON, XML,
- Enjoys educating external partners on best practices using APIs
- Support Engineer experience recommended
- Knows how to communicate effectively and with grace
- Interest in hospitality a plus!
Back to top