Android Software Engineer, Experiences
What is Experiences at Airbnb?
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the ambitious goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests will ever need. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Travel today can be impersonal, mass-produced, and difficult to plan -- Experiences will make travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically. Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city.
We have already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We are looking for strong, collaborative, and entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you’re interested in making significant impact on our product and are passionate about redefining the future of travel, this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on or alongside product teams on challenging and exciting Android problems, including:
- Owning Experiences guest facing product, including the product detail page, checkout, search, merchandising, and more!
- Owning Experiences host facing product, including the hosting dashboard, messaging, reservation management, experience creation and management flows, and more!
- Creating a robust, server-driven Android architecture for our new Experiences search and merchandising flows.
- Creating a server-driven Android architecture for Host and Guest growth funnels to empower fast iterations.
- Leveraging the latest Android features such as App Actions, Slices, Notifications, Animations, and more to create personalized user experiences
- Building on top of Airbnb’s open source Android libraries such as Epoxy, Paris, Lottie, and MvRx to deliver scalable, reusable, and testable code
- 2+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin and knowledge of the Android SDK and open-source Android ecosystem
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Advanced analytical thinking; experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top