Android Software Engineer, Experiences
What is Experiences at Airbnb?
Airbnb Experiences launched in November 2016 with the goal of taking Airbnb from an accommodations business to an end to end travel platform. By expanding Airbnb’s product offerings and making it easy to plan an entire trip in a single space, our goal is to make Airbnb the only travel platform our guests need for their travels. The Experiences team plays a crucial role in realizing this mission.
Experiences are handcrafted activities designed and led by local hosts. Hosts give travelers unique, unprecedented access and deep insights to places and passions in their city. Experiences makes travel magical again by immersing travelers in communities around the world and making it easy to travel authentically.
We have already seen growth, but we are still very early in our journey. We are looking for collaborative and entrepreneurial engineers to set an early foundation for the Experiences team. If you are passionate about redefining travel, then this team is for you.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is Android at Airbnb?
Millions of Android users engage with the Airbnb app every day. As an Android engineer, you would be a part of Airbnb’s future success. We are looking for engineers who want to own large scope, drive impact, and steward our app for years to come.
You will work on exciting and impactful Android projects, such as:
- Owning all of the Experiences code, including the product detail page, checkout, search, merchandising, and more!
- Creating a server-driven Android architecture for our new Experiences search and merchandising flows
- Utilizing the latest Android features such as App Actions, Slices, Notifications, Animations, and more to create personalized user experiences
- Building on top of Airbnb’s open source Android libraries such as Epoxy, Paris, Lottie, and MvRx to deliver scalable, reusable, and testable code
- 2+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Android apps, ideally currently available in the Google Play Store
- Proficiency in Java or Kotlin and knowledge of the Android SDK and open-source Android ecosystem
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence or product sense
- Advanced analytical thinking; experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top