Americas Budget Coordinator
Americas Budget Coordinator
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Budget Coordinator - United States & Canada
The Americas Budget Coordinator will build processes that ensure accurate approvals and budgeting in the US and Canada. This individual will streamline budget systems and customize when possible to make budgets and processes digestible to budget owners.
The Americas Budget Coordinator must be meticulously organized and detail oriented, but can also see the big picture and prioritize projects strategically when needed. The Americas Budget Coordinator is the central point of contact for many cross functional teams and has a strong relationship with key stakeholders. The Americas Budget Coordinator is solutions oriented but also has an understanding of information that should be escalated to leadership.
This position is based in San Francisco and will report to the Americas Program Manager.
- Manage and balance a large and complex budget tracking and forecasting system for the Americas; develop and execute processes as needed
- Write, process, and manage all contracts, statements of work, purchase orders, payments and relationships with suppliers
- Communicate regularly and often with all budget owners and regional leadership
- Communicate budget processes in a digestible manner for multiple audiences
- Own relationships and regular communication with relevant cross functional teams primarily based in San Francisco
- Execute time sensitive requests; and navigate Airbnb processes and policies on behalf of the campaigns team
- Ensure there is a uniform approach to budgeting across pods
- Proactive and solutions oriented in flagging issues in a fast paced environment
- Prepared to adjust processes efficiently when there are organizational changes and communicate those updates
- Complete compliance reporting for the Americas
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Acute attention to detail; extremely organized and able to help keep others organized
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and navigate complex matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Proven track record of being proactive and effective project management skills
- Exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- Excellent communicator with great presentation and writing skills
- Strong work ethic, and exhibits professionalism, courtesy and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible with the ability to remain poised under pressure; adapts to situations as they arise
- Embraces change and challenges with a positive and solutions oriented approach
- Self-starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- Great team player who is willing to take on projects big and small
- Passion for home sharing and the mission of the company
- Willingness to travel
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top