Administrative & Communications Coordinator, Trust and Safety
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Airbnb is seeking a Team Coordinator to join the Trust & Safety team based in San Francisco. This role is a full time position based in our San Francisco, CA headquarters. With so much going on in so many places, we need an organizational and administrative superhero to come on board to support our leadership team. As we are a large global team, we need a rockstar to drive our internal programs to keep communication clear and achieve excellence in execution. Some examples of Internal Programs currently underway are Wellness Education, Job Rotation, and Mentorship. All programs need to be globally considered and regionally implemented.
You must have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
You are meticulously organized and detail-oriented, but can also be able to back up and see the big picture. You can make judgements about priorities whenever needed and balance support for multiple people at one time.
You’re a great team player without ego, who is willing to take on projects big and small as requested.
You keep your passport handy and are ready to travel the world to meet our teams.
You’re capable of working in cross-functional teams across cultures and - on occasion - timezones.
You have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and a positive attitude. You can quickly navigate new and unfamiliar systems and processes - and design your own.
You have a passion for making Airbnb the best place to work, and enjoy coming up with creative ideas to delight and surprise our employees.
- Coordinate support for multiple members of the Trust & Safety leadership team
- Coordinate programs supporting global T&S teams, such as job rotation and wellness
- Provide clear team communication around internal programs
- Provide calendaring and meeting preparation (meeting agendas, conference/video call meeting setups, be a host to guests, interviews) as well as logistics and administrative support (expense reports, travel booking and agendas) for the leadership team
- Register and greet guests, book rooms, ensure that critical meetings run on time
- Assist in the preparation of necessary documents, presentations and spreadsheets to high level of quality and accuracy
- Assist with the onboarding of new team members
- Support the T&S Leadership team as needed; plan and execute team events, offsites, activities, recognition, monthly anniversary / birthday celebration, team communication
- Maintain ongoing reports or databases, department websites, update and organize shared drives/files, update organizational charts
- Working alongside and partner closely with T&S Leadership on tasks and projects as needed
- Culture advocate, help to surprise and delight the team at monthly meetings and other events
- Building effective relationships with other teams within Airbnb as necessary
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, including supporting a team in an administrative capacity.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills - always displaying professionalism, courtesy and a sense of humour, even when under pressure
- Outstanding pro-active / multi-tasking abilities
- Acute attention to detail and follow through, high-level of organization
- Proven track record of effective project management demonstrated through prior experience
- Effective communicator, both orally and in writing
- Exhibit strong process-oriented skills and strive to find the most efficient way to do things without sacrificing a high quality of work and/or results
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality
- Advanced IT skills (Powerpoint, Keynote, Excel, Google Apps) and current social networking systems - and a capacity to learn new and unfamiliar applications
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
- Flexible, with the ability to remain poised under pressure
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top