Aira is looking for a part-time or full-time Senior QA Engineer. You will be part of the Engineering team responsible for automating and maintaining the quality of the Aira product, which includes our Java Spring Boot API platform, VueJS on Electron web applications, Android and iOS smart apps, and devOps for end customers and agents. You will be given the opportunity to work on part of or the entire stack, push projects and products that have the greatest business impact.
We have a service that connects blind customers via video-streaming smart glasses to human Agents located throughout the US and is hiring the next uniquely talented designer to join our growing team.
There are an estimated 30 million blind and low-vision people in the United States and over 300m worldwide. Innovation for these customers requires ultimate usability, creativity, and forward-looking solutions.
Our goal is to develop leading technology and services that help remove remaining barriers for the visually impaired, expanding their possibilities to live with greater confidence and independence.
Your goal is to convince us why you are the right person for this role.
Spotlight worthy product - From the WSJ to CNN to CNBC, we keep racking up the accolades for our award-winning technology that was built by, for, and with the blind & visually impaired community. Imagine, that your product is so transformative that the industry is taking notice, larger tech partners such as Google, AT&T, AWS, and more are deeply collaborating.
Talent Density - Join a proven team with diverse backgrounds who eagerly await your contributions. We are a low-ego yet fiercely competitive and passionate group who will not shy away from a challenge and who deliver as a team.
Passionate Customers, Marquee Financing - Aira's solution compares the invention of the white cane and our customers are passionate fans; with strong Venture backing from marquee tech investors we have a solid financial runway to support our massive growth.
- Extensive experience in automation tools such as Selenium
- Worked with client-facing applications such as Android, iOS, VueJS Electron applications
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Own the QA process and be the final check before approving an app go live
- Devise and execute a test plan for all things client and server-side
- Good understanding messaging protocols like JMS/MQTT/AMQP
- Knowledge in working with video/audio streaming technologies like WebRTC
- Knowledge in video/audio codecs like H.264, H.265, VP8, VP9
- C/C++ experience involving video and USB drivers
- Worked with trace logging, and has done production support
- Competitive salary with early-stage equity
- No compromise, top-tier medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited snacks, drinks, beers, with team lunch and happy hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Full remote
- A shiny new MacBook